Search Engine Optimisation(SEO) is the way of optimising websites in a way search engines can understand.
However its easier to optimise a web page for head and middle tail keywords.In this post I’ll talk about long tail keywords SEO.
Why Long tail keywords are important for SEO
Long tail aren’t just important for SEO they’re crucial.In fact traffic for most blogs comes from long tail keywords.
Best Long tail keyword SEO tools
- I’ll stick to what I said earlier. Longtail Pro along with SEMrush is a winning combo.In fact these are the only SEO tools you need for your all things SEO.
- However if you want a perfect backlinks report, you may go for ahrefs.
- SEMrush is like thousand SEO tools packed into one slick package.
Different ways you can find long tail keywords
- SEMrush is my favourite way to steal competitors keywords.
- ahrefs, to some extent can help you find long tail keywords.
- Longtail Pro is the king in finding most profitable keywords to rank for.
SEO is in fact the last additional thing we recommended for our long tail keyword strategy.
I’ll break it down into 2 sections on-page and off-page seo.
Here are the the things you need to take care of to optimise a page(post) for a given long tail keyword.
1.Title,Meta tag and Keyword density,LSI keywords
- Always try to start title of a post with keyword in a natural way possible.
- Make sure your meta description contains relevant information to your keyword, if it doesn’t have the actual keyword itself.
- Make sure you maintain 1-3% healthy keyword density.However we’re talking in the context of long tail, so use LSI keywords whenever possible.
- Make sure URL slug is small and readable
- Try to insert your keyword in the URL
- Include 301 redirects in your .htaccess file or simply use redirection plugin to redirect users to a new URL location.
3.Image Alt Tag
- A simple rule of thumb says, copy paste your keyword in alt attribute of at least one image.
- This is just to make sure search engines and users can find you using image search.
4.Use LSI keywords in subheadings such as h2,h3.
- Use the actual keyword or close variation of keyword in sub-headings
- Also be cautious to avoid over-stuffing your keywords, google may penalise that page if you do so.
5.Maintain good article length
- Try to write an excellent article with a minimum of 1000 words.
- Longer content tends to rank well in google.(Try to something like ultimate guide)
6.Provide some natural links
- Interlink your post with your previous and relevant articles
- Provide some outbound dofollow and nofollow links as per your wish.In fact I made this nofollow link as no-follow.
- This no-follow tells search engine that you’re not referring them.
7. Use best wordpress SEO plugins
There are 2 plugins I strongly recommend.You can choose either of em.By using either of em you would have easily completed checklist factors I mentioned above.
- Yoast SEO premium plugin
- SEOpressor plugin
8. Use a proper site structure
Make your site structure very clear.All your head and middle tail articles must appear on the landing page.
All your tail keywords should link to head and middle tail keyword articles.
You can use the image below from yoast as a reference.
9.Keep your users engaged
The moment your users land on the page, keep em convinced and get them glued to your content.If a user leaves within a minute or so(called bounce rate) its very bad for SEO.
- Optimise images using a image compressor.You’ll be blown away by what it does to your site.
- Saves load time and saves valuable mobile data(for mobile users).
I’ll list out off-page seo checklist here.
Speed matters, in fact Google even confirmed that they now consider speed as one of their ranking factors.
Backlinks are the most important SEO ranking factor.Also not just the quantity but the quality matters here.
Check and ensure google that your site is really optimised and ready for mobile-first experience.We don’t know how much but this is considered as one of the important SEO ranking factors.
14.Lesser no of broken links
Lesser number of broken links means a good experience for users and indicates that its a quality site.
15.Lesser no of redirects
Too many redirects can often lead to penalties in SERP results.
Minifying and optimising js/css files can lead to a better load time.
17.Social media sharing
Social media often plays important role in determining the value of a brand.It certainly reflects commitment towards cutomers.Fire up your social networking efforts and get your users click your ad campaigns.
18.Use cache plugin
Use w3 cache plugin to speed up load times.
19.Use Https instead of http
We started our website as https by default.You can also make your website secure just like ours.Also google considers this as an important ranking factor.
Don’t forget long tail keywords.In fact don’t ever stop optimising and ranking for long tail keywords.
With all these pro tips, wanna learn how to make money quickly?